Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quick Coffee Cup Cozy

I love Peppermint Mocha's from Starbucks! Possibly addicted to them. I was looking at the cardboard cozy that I got with my drink and decided to make one.


I traced the cozy onto paper and added a 1/2 inch seam allowance.


Cut out my pattern then traced it onto the front fabric, back fabric and the lining. 



After sewing it wrong the first time, I realized the batting had to be on the bottom and the two fabrics above, right sides together. I used thin tracing paper on the bottom because the batting was getting caught up. It rips off real easy.


Reversed,ironed and top stitched the whole thing. I also added a loop to go around the button on one edge.

I added a vintage button and was done! I love easy projects like this. Makes me feel like I actually accomplished something today!!



Thanks, Patty, for this super cute fabric!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment